A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser, the hard drive of your computer or device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive or device.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site, and the advertising displayed on them, more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies (and similar technologies) we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Space2Site Mobile Phone Application
The Space2Site mobile phone application uses local storage on your device for the following:
- your email address, profileID and access tokens;
- PIN codes for private events;
- your device’s notification registration ID; and
- your pending images with their location, time captured and event IDs.
These are required for the operation of the mobile phone application and, in the case of access tokens, to recognise you when you return to the mobile phone application.
|ARRAffinity||.space2site.com||Session||This cookie is set by websites run on the Windows Azure cloud platform. It is used for load balancing to make sure the visitor page requests are routed to the same server in any browsing session.|
|__RequestVerificationToken||space2site.com||Session||This is an anti-forgery cookie set by web applications built using ASP.NET MVC technologies. It is designed to stop unauthorised posting of content to a website, known as Cross-Site Request Forgery. It holds no information about the user and is destroyed on closing the browser.|
|_ga||.space2site.com||2 years||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics – which is a significant update to Google’s more commonly used analytics service. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners.|
|_gid||.space2site.com||1 day||This cookie name is associated with Google Analytics. It is used by gtag.js and analytics.js scripts and according to Google Analytics this cookie is used to distinguish users.|
|_gat_UA-131172459-2||.space2site.com||1 minute||This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It appears to be a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_131172459_2||.space2site.com||1 minute||This cookie is part of Google Analytics and is used to limit requests (throttle request rate).|
|_fbp||.space2site.com||3 months||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers|
|fr||.facebook.com||3 months||Contains browser and user unique ID combination, used for targeted advertising.|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser or device that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser or device settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website or mobile phone application.
Further information on cookies is available at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ (including how to customise your browser’s cookie settings and how to delete cookies).
- Google Analytics can be found at: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- Facebook can be found at https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/ and https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
For information on how to opt out of third party cookies you can visit the following pages:
Updated: April 2023